Monday, December 29, 2008

Simplifying photography

Now that many have entered the 'field' of computer science, I thought of blogging about a new field - Photography. I have been doing a little bit of reading and experimenting myself, and with some blogging here , I hope I can pass on whatever I know. And get to learn more too.

It is easy to understand the working of a camera ,if we comp
are it to the working of the eye.
The working of a camera is like that of a fish but not like the human eye. Because lens of a fish is like that of a camera.
The human eye focuses on objects by changing the curvature of the lens.
A camera focuses on things by changing the distance between the lens and the sensor. That is why,in a camera, when we zoom in and out, the lens pops out an goes back in .
And when the human eyes zoom on things, nothing pops out (that was just to make things simpler).

I hope to be using this comparison in the later stages. (I shall try making a clearer image, if i get enough free time)

No comments: